Connect with us

Movie News

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Will Be Bittersweet, Says Zoe Saldana

Published

on

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Will Be Bittersweet, Says Zoe Saldana

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is beautiful, melancholy, and emotional, according to Zoe Saldana.

Gamora_Guardians_of_the_Galaxy
Marvel Studios

Marvel star Zoe Saldana has described her return in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 as “bittersweet” while speaking with Empire Magazine. The actress, who has played the role of founding Guardians of the Galaxy member Gamora since the first movie back in 2014, has provided some insight into the melancholic, emotional nature of the upcoming threequel, as well as the personal struggles being felt by the cast and crew thanks to real-world hurdles.

“It’s bittersweet; after all those years of complaining about that green make-up, I find myself already nostalgic about it. There’s a lot of melancholy here, but also pride that we’ve achieved something great. James Gunn has written a beautiful story, that’s making us emotional even as we shoot it. Omicron plays a doozy on us every other day, but we’re getting by and we’re happy.”

The more we hear about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, the more it’s beginning to sound like the saddest outing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far. The original Gamora was killed by her adoptive father Thanos during the events of Avengers: Infinity War. Thus, Saldana will return as a younger version of the character introduced in Avengers: Endgame, who has traveled to the present. The journey this version of the character will go on during Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 remains to be seen, but it sounds like director James Gunn has crafted something really special. Something that audiences will no doubt expect considering this is likely the last time we will see Gamora. Saldana continued to tease Gamora’s arc in the movie, saying…

MOVIEWEB VIDEO OF THE DAY

“She began as this warrior wanting to get out of a very toxic parental relationship, then she finds the Guardians who are dysfunctional-ish as well, but they’re okay. She learns a lot and finds this bigger purpose. Then her dad comes and f***s everything up. She dies, she’s brought back, but it’s not her. I think Gamora’s a little confused, I have to say! But James [Gunn] has weaved this wonderful story around the character and every character in this third film.”

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Will Wrap Up the Franchise

guardians
Marvel Studios

Plot details for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 remain largely unknown at present, but it has been revealed by several members of the cast and crew that the movie will wrap up the franchise. Writer/director James Gunn has said that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 “is the end for us, the last time people will see this team of Guardians.” Returning star Dave Bautista has stated that “all things must end,” adding, “It’s our third film, we’re gonna wrap it up. And it’s been a hell of a journey with a few bumps. So, I’m looking forward to this, man. My cast and obviously the director, James Gunn, they’re like family to me.”

Written and directed by James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 stars an ensemble cast featuring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone, and Will Poulter. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is scheduled to be released on May 5, 2023, as part of Phase Four of the MCU.


Brie Larson Flaunts Her MCU Abs for The Marvels, But Might Delete Later
Brie Larson Flaunts Her MCU Abs for The Marvels, But Might Delete Later

The super-shredded Ms. Marvel is not cutting any corners to gain the physique. No need for built in muscle suits for this woman. She (six) packed her own.

Read Next


About The Author

Hello Guys, I Avinash, a movie lover start writing on this website in August 2021, and now I am feeling good after sharing a lot of details about movies, web series, and many more.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Movie News

Nobody 2 Bob Odenkirk Teases: ‘We’re Working On It’

Published

on

Bob Odenkirk Teases Nobody 2: 'We're Working On It'

Nobody 2 appears to have a decent possibility of occuring. The original film, directed by Ilya Naishuller (Hardcore Henry) and scripted by John Wick creator Derek Kolstad, was released in 2021. After his house is robbed, making him the target of a drug lord, Bob Odenkirk plays an apparently average family father who returns to his hazardous past life. In addition to Connie Nielsen, RZA, Christopher Lloyd, and Aleksei Serebryakov, the film stars Connie Nielsen, RZA, Christopher Lloyd, and Aleksei Serebryakov.

Nobody was a box office success when it was released, with fans and reviewers alike praising Odenkirk’s remarkably believable portrayal of an action movie star, despite the fact that this was new ground for him. Many people were left wanting more and hoping that Odenkirk will return for a sequel. Odenkirk gave an update on Nobody 2 in a recent interview with Empire. Despite the fact that the proposed sequel has yet to be officially approved by Universal, Kolstad and Odenkirk are “definitely” working on it.

Similarly, in 2021, director Ilya Naishuller said that there is opportunity to carry further with the Nobody tale. The filmmaker also hinted that Connie Nielsen would have more screen time in the anticipated sequel, with a larger presence alongside Odenkirk. There have been no new plot developments reported.

Before Nobody 2 can be made, Bob Odenkirk will have to say goodbye to Saul Goodman.

Better Call Saul’s principal character Jimmy McGill, aka Saul Goodman, is one role we know Bob Odenkirk has returned to. Odenkirk has been starring in the series, which is a spinoff of the original series Breaking Bad, since 2014. The sixth and last season’s launch date was recently announced, with the beginning of the end coming to AMC in April. Odenkirk experienced a well-publicized heart attack while filming the final season, and the actor considers himself fortunate to have been around his co-stars at the time.

“I’m fine,” Odenkirk says of the health concern in a new Empire interview. “I was extremely fortunate to have a heart attack beside my co-stars.” I didn’t go to my trailer, and we weren’t on set. I wouldn’t be here talking to you if we were on location. I wouldn’t be here talking to you right now if I hadn’t gone to my trailer.”

“They did the procedure at Presbyterian Hospital here in the morning,” he stated. They have the best heart surgeons in the world here, and they did a f**king amazing job. They removed the plaque and implanted stents, and I’m doing fine.”

Better Call Saul will return for its sixth and final season on AMC on April 18, 2022. Nobody writer Derek Kolstad is now drafting the screenplay for a Nobody sequel that includes Connie Nielsen, according to director Ilya Naishuller.

Continue Reading

Movie News

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Concept Art Is Available; Villain Films Are on the Way to Paramount+

Published

on

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Concept Art Released; Villain Movies Coming to Paramount+

A few weeks ago, Paramount announced that Seth Rogen’s new animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film would be released earlier than expected on August 7th, 2023. Today, Paramount announced that this film will serve as the starting point for a new series of TMNT-themed villain films that will be available exclusively on Paramount Plus. The new revelation was made as part of Paramount’s Investors Day presentation, which included numerous planned projects as the corporation sought to ensure its place among the streaming heavyweights, as well as the publication of some concept art for the new film.

The heroes in a half-shell were last seen on the big screen in Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows in 2016, and while the live-action sequel brought all the exhilarating, logic-defying excitement of Saturday morning cartoons to life, critics were quick to reject it. A number of new Ninja Turtle-centered films have been rumoured in recent years, and it appears that, in addition to another live-action reboot, Paramount and Nickelodeon Animation Studios are ready to bring a whole new animation universe to life beginning in 2023.

When the new project was revealed in 2020, ViacomCBS’s Brian Robbins heralded the beginning of a new era for Nickelodeon Animation Studios, which will produce the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ first theatrically released CG animated feature film. Robbins stated at the time, “Adding Seth, Evan, and James’ talent to the humour and action that has always been a part of TMNT will result in a next-level reinvention of the property. I’m anxious to see what they come up with, and I know Ramsey Naito and her crew are excited to take the Nick Animation Studio in a new path with their first-ever CG-animated film.”

The Shredder has always been the centre of attention in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films, but that appears to be changing.

Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Donatello have faced up against their arch–nemesis, The Shredder, on several occasions since their first big-screen appearance almost 40 years ago. While this has given fans of the franchise something to look forward to, it appears that Paramount’s new announcement of a series of “villain movies” in the works hints that some new opponents may be on the way.

Other villains that have met paths with the pizza-loving foursome include the alien Krang, who was finally introduced to the big screen in the 2016 film, the Rat King, scientist Baxter Stockman and his mutated Baxter Fly form, as well as numerous other mutants such as the Leatherhead and Slash. What form these films will take and how they will differ from the traditional hero-driven fare will be revealed in due course.

Regardless of how Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles performs in theatres when it opens in August 2023, it appears that Paramount is moving forward with additional entries in the franchise as they expand the Paramount+ streaming platform in the same way that Disney+ and HBO Max have done with their biggest IPs. That can only be a good thing for Turtles lovers.

Continue Reading

Movie News

J.J. Abrams and Paramount have announced that Star Trek 4 will begin filming this year.

Published

on

J.J. Abrams and Paramount Reveal Star Trek 4 to Begin Shooting This Year

J.J. Abrams will produce the sequel to Star Trek Beyond, with Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, and John Cho all poised to boldly venture where they have been three times before, according to Paramount. A fourth instalment in the rebooted Star Trek franchise was first mentioned six years ago, but there has been no indication on whether a new Star Trek film will be released until now.

According to Variety, during the Paramount Investors Day Presentation, among the many movie and series announcements, J.J. Abrams himself announced that a sequel to 2016’s Star Trek Beyond would be looking to begin shooting by the end of the year, and that he intends to bring back all of the available cast members from the rebooted series that began in 2009.

“We are thrilled to announce that we are hard at work on a new ‘Star Trek’ film that will be shooting by the end of the year and will feature our original cast as well as some new characters that I think will be really fun and exciting and help take ‘Star Trek’ into areas that you’ve never seen before,” Abrams said. “We’re really excited about this picture, and we’re talking about a number of other tales that we believe will be extremely fascinating, so we can’t wait for you to see what we’re cooking up.” But in the meantime, live long and prosper.”

The untitled film will be produced by Abrams through Bad Robot Productions, with WandaVision’s Matt Shakman taking over directorial duties from Justin Lin, who directed Star Trek Beyond to critical acclaim. This film appears to be attempting to avoid the fate of the original sequel proposal, which was announced and then abandoned in 2018, allegedly due to the studio’s inability to reach an agreement with Chis Pine to reprise his 2009 role as Kirk, or Chris Hemsworth, who was to reprise his 2009 role as Kirk’s father in that particular storey.


Paramount Have Taken Time to Work Out How to Avoid a New Star Trek Movie Being a Flop

According to multiple reports, Paramount has been eager to return to the Star Trek film series, and as one of their biggest IP’s, with multiple spin-off series and movies in the works, it’s not surprising that they want to maximise the return on a third sequel to the 2009 blockbuster return of Captain Kirk and Spock. This time, though, it appears that they will not enter the project without first conducting some preliminary research to determine whether there is still a desire to see Pine, Quinto, and the rest of the crew reconstituted.

Despite positive reviews and a reasonable performance on the surface, Star Trek Beyond ended up losing money for Paramount, so they were not about to jump into another film without making sure that scenario did not reoccur, and it appears that their research has confirmed that fans do want to see the cast return to their roles. The challenge now for Abrams and the production crew will be to bring all of the actors back together.

Chris Pine is now working on a number of projects, including a Wonder Woman sequel. Zoe Saldana is now filming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and has a potentially massive series of Avatar films ahead of her, while Keith Urban will appear in Amazon’s The Boys in June and Simon Pegg is working on the final Mission: Impossible picture. Anton Yelchin, a fellow 2009 cast member, will be missing from the returning roster due to his untimely death in 2016, just before the debut of Star Trek Beyond. It was confirmed at the time that his position as Chekov would not be replaced in any future sequels, and this is unlikely to alter.

Continue Reading

Trending